The official lyric video for the song “Ten” from STRYPER frontman Michael Sweet can be seen below. The track, which features a guest appearance by Rich Ward of FOZZY, is the title cut of Sweet‘s tenth solo album, which will be released on October 11 via Rat Pak Records in North America and Frontiers Music Srl in Europe.
On the subject of guest musicians, Michael comments: “There is a different player appearing on every song. It started out where I was just going to have a couple of guest appearances on it, then I decided that it would be really interesting to bring in different players for every song. I started putting names out there and reaching out to people, and they started agreeing to do it. And then I had guys reaching out to me.”
Regarding the musical direction of the album, Michael states: “I’m very excited about this release. There are old-school, straight-ahead metal ideas in the vein of JUDAS PRIEST, DIO and IRON MAIDEN — all the stuff I love listening to!”
Produced by Michael Sweet, “Ten” was recorded and mixed by Danny Bernini at the Spirithouse Recording Studio in North Hampton and was mastered by Alex Saltz.
“Ten” track listing:
01. Better Part Of Me (featuring Jeff Loomis of ARCH ENEMY)
02. Lay It Down (featuring Marzi Montazeri)
03. Forget, Forgive (featuring Howie Simon)
04. Now Or Never (featuring Gus G of FIREWIND)
05. Ten (featuring Rich Ward of FOZZY)
06. Shine (featuring Ethan Brosh)
07. Let It Be Love
08. Never Alone (featuring Joel Hoekstra of WHITESNAKE)
09. When Love Is Hated (featuring Joel Hoekstra of WHITESNAKE)
10. Ricochet (featuring Tracii Guns of L.A. GUNS)
11. With You Till The End (featuring Mike Kerr and Ian Raposa from FIRSTBOURNE)
12. Son Of Man (featuring Todd La Torre of QUEENSRŸCHE and Andy James)
STRYPER‘s latest album, “God Damn Evil”, was released in April 2018 via Frontiers Music Srl.